Trump Blasts Vanity Fair for Apology After ‘Minor Hit’ on Hillary Clinton: ‘On Its Last Legs’

President Donald Trump blasted Vanity Fair on Thursday morning after the publication apologized for posting a “sexist” video earlier in the week, encouraging Hillary Clinton to take up knitting after her defeat in the 2016 presidential election.
“Vanity Fair, which looks like it is on its last legs, is bending over backwards in apologizing for the minor hit they took at Crooked H,” the president tweeted.
He then took a shot at Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor who serves as artistic director for Vanity Fair parent company Conde Nast. “Anna Wintour who was all set to be Amb to Court of St James’s & a big fundraiser for CH, is beside herself in grief & begging for forgiveness!” he tweeted.

Vanity Fair, which looks like it is on its last legs, is bending over backwards in apologizing for the minor hit they took at Crooked H. Anna Wintour, who was all set to be Amb to Court of St James’s & a big fundraiser for CH, is beside herself in grief & begging for forgiveness!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 28, 2017

Also Read: Vanity Fair Clobbered for 'Sexist' Video Urging Hillary Clinton to Take Up Knitting: 'Go F– Yourself'
The magazine’s minute-long video showed writers and editors sipping champagne while coming up with all sorts of things Clinton could be doing now that she’s no longer a presidential hopeful.
Commenters were quick to denounce as “sexist” the suggestion of writer Maya Kosoff that Clinton “take up a new hobby in the new year. Volunteer work, knitting, improv comedy ― literally anything that will keep you from running again.”
By day’s end, the magazine issued an apology. A spokeswoman for the publication told TheWrap: “It was an attempt at humor and we regret that it missed the mark.”
A rep for Conde Nast did not immediately respond to a request for comment to Trump’s response.
This wasn’t the first time Trump has gone after Vanity Fair; he’s sent dozens of tweets about former editor Graydon Carter, who led the magazine for a quarter century, over the years. The president said in 2012 he “can’t wait” for Vanity Fair to fold, which he said would be “sooner rather than later” with Carter running the show. He even kept the barbs coming after winning the 2016 U.S. election, tweeting last December the magazine’s numbers were “way down” and that Carter was a “no talent.”
Carter seemed to take the ridicule in stride. When he announced his exit from Vanity Fair earlier this year, he said he’d made good use of Trump’s tweets.
“I blew up all the tweets and I framed them all,” said Carter in the New York Times. “They’re all on a wall — this is the only wall Trump’s built — outside my office.”

Related stories from TheWrap:Obama Beats Out Trump for Most Admired Man in New Gallup PollEveryone Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter This Year (Photos)Mike Huckabee Faces Darkest Hour After Comparing Trump to Churchill: ‘What a Clown’Obama Cautions Leaders on ‘Dangers of the Internet’ – But Doesn’t Mention Trump by Name

Source: The Wrap

You might also like More from author

Comments

Loading...