Alice Sophia Eve is an English actress.
Born : 6 February 1982 (age 34), London, United Kingdom
Birth Name : Alice Sophia Eve
Height : 1.66 m
Education : BA in English , Alma mater Bedales School , Westminster School , St Catherine’s College, Oxford
Occupation : Actress
Years active : 2004–present
TV shows : The Rotters’ Club, Beethoven
Spouse : Alex Cowper-Smith (m. 2014)
Trade Mark : Received pronunciation
Parents : Trevor Eve, Sharon Maughan
Alice Eve was born in London, England. Her parents are Trevor Eve and Sharon Maughan, both actors.
She attended Bedales School and Westminster School in London.
She then took a gap year where she went to study at the Beverly Hills Playhouse and went to St Catherine’s College, Oxford where she was in several student productions.
Eve has appeared in television dramas such as the BBC’s The Rotters’ Club, Agatha Christie’s Poirot and Hawking and starred in the film Stage Beauty (2004).
In 2006, she starred in two comedy films: Starter for 10 and Big Nothing (in which she and co-star Simon Pegg put on American accents). She spent the early part of 2006 in India working on a drama mini-series Losing Gemma about backpackers.
On the stage, Eve has appeared in two plays directed by Trevor Nunn. In 2006, she played young Esme/Alice in the new Tom Stoppard play Rock ‘n’ Roll, at the Royal Court Theatre, later reprising her role for the 2007 Broadway transfer. For this performance, she was nominated for the best supporting actress award at the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers’ Choice Awards.
In 2009, she played Roxane in a production of Cyrano de Bergerac at the Chichester Festival Theatre.
In 2010, Eve played the female lead role in the American romantic comedy film She’s Out of My League, in which her parents play the roles of her character’s parents. She also played the role of Erin, Charlotte’s Irish nanny, in Sex and the City 2.
During 2011, Eve had a recurring guest role in season 8 of the HBO series Entourage, as Sophia, a journalist and love interest to Vincent Chase.2011 Eve also portrayed Hollywood actress Lara Tyler in the romantic comedy The Decoy Bride. Eve is also known for her role of Dr. Carol Marcus in Star Trek Into Darkness.
Eve took part in the opening session of the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show. She appeared in Paul McCartney’s music video “Queenie Eye”;and in Rixton’s music video “Hotel Ceiling” in 2015.
In 2013, she co-starred in Before We Go with Chris Evans, who also directed the film.She played herself in the Hollywood film Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb in 2014 and has since starred in several productions, including Criminal in 2016.
In 2016, she appeared in “Nosedive”, an episode of the anthology series Black Mirror.
Eve was in a long-term relationship with poet Adam O’Riordan, whom she met while reading English at Oxford.The pair broke up in 2012.
On 14 August 2014, Eve announced her engagement to her “high school sweetheart”, financier Alex Cowper-Smith.The pair met while attending Westminster School in London.They married on 31 December 2014.
She has heterochromia; her left eye is blue, and her right eye is green.
Eve currently lives in London and Los Angeles.Eve is of English, Welsh, and Irish descent.She speaks French.
- Daughter of Trevor Eve and Sharon Maughan.
- Older sister of Jack Eve and George Eve.
- Has heterochromia; her right eye is green and her left blue.
- Ranked as having one of the most “Beautiful Famous Faces” by “The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World.” She was ranked #7 in 2010, #47 in 2009, and #22 in 2008.
- Had to learn to speak American English, as she was being misunderstood at school, during her school years in Los Angeles.
- The biggest inspiration in her life has been her Grandma Betsy, who died in September 2007.
- Ex-girlfriend of Rafe Spall, Rufus Sewell (2006-2008), and poet Adam O’Riordan (2009-2012).
- Auditioned for the role of Grace MacLean in The Horse Whisperer (1998), but lost out to Scarlett Johansson.
- Lives in London, England and Los Angeles, California.
- She has English, Irish and Welsh ancestry.
- She wrote about William Wordsworth for her thesis at Oxford University.
- Good friends with Benedict Cumberbatch.
- (December 31, 2014) Married her boyfriend of less than a year and her ex-high school sweetheart, financier Alex Cowper-Smith, following a 4-month-long engagement. The pair met while attending Westminster School in London.
- Her favorite poet is Andrew Marvell.
[on playing Edgar Allan Poe’s lover in The Raven (2012)] I did literature at university, so I had a real relationship with poetry, but they don’t make many films about the life of a poet. When I read the script, I thought, This is just amazing – because it wasn’t indulgent. It allowed itself to have a thrilling aspect.
[on cultural differences between the United States and United Kingdom] You know, we’re divided by a common language, even though we’re meant to have been from the same place. There is a definite shift when I get on the plane and I land. It’s very Puritan in America, and it’s a different culture in England and much more European in its belief system. In the United States, it’s quite strict.
I’m a girl’s girl. I love to hang out with boys – I’ve got brothers – but I’m a girl’s girl, in all the ways you can be girlie. Nails and chats and gossip magazines and reality TV and pop culture… Did going to Oxford and reading “Paradise Lost” change that? No.